The December gift-giving season is looking bright for local food lovers. At Farmers & Distillers, our menus have something for everyone, and all of it is made from scratch in-house. There’s a lot to love for food lovers (and drink lovers), whether our neighborhood favorites, our decadent desserts and famous donuts, or our extensive craft spirits program featuring spirits from our very own distillery, Founding Spirits.
This year, we’re making your shopping easy with gift options your family, friends, and colleagues are sure to love: the gift of delicious food and drink. We have some great food (and drink) gift ideas for all on your holiday list this year:
- Invite them for a meal at Farmers & Distillers. Create your own holiday food and drink festival, giving them the gift of great food, drink… and your company. If possible, we recommend making a reservation.
- Get them a gift certificate, which is good at Farmers & Distillers or any of our sibling restaurants, including Founding Farmers and Farmers Fishers Bakers. Let your loved ones and colleagues experience some of our scratch-made goodness on their own.
- Order a copy of The Founding Farmers Cookbook, available online. Here they’ll find over 100 recipes, including traditional American classics and farmhouse favorites, as well as tips from our chefs.
- Pick up a canister of our First Bake Blend Compass Coffee, available at Farmers & Distillers. This well-balanced blend is a guest favorite. After much testing and experimenting by our beverage director and the experts at Compass Coffee, our First Bake Blend was created especially for our restaurants and makes for a delicious cup of Joe, perfect for any coffee lover on your list.
- Give the gift of small-batch spirits from Founding Spirits. Check out some of the spirit gift options at our very own Founding Spirits. From gift boxes and individual spirit bottles available for purchase in person at Farmers & Distillers to individual spirits available for purchase online, many on your list will delight in our unique, handcrafted spirits from our in-house distillery.
- Peruse our Guide to the Holidays for holiday hours and other gift options for food and drink lovers this Christmas.
Give the gift of good food, handcrafted spirits, and great experiences this year. Sharing the gift of Farmers & Distillers and Founding Spirits with the foodie and beverage lovers in your life will surely make for a very joyous holiday season.
Farmers & Distillers is celebrating the end of spring and the start of summer with two soft-shell crab dishes.
That’s right. It is soft-shell crab season here in the nation’s capital. We all know our fine neighbors in Maryland are famous for their delicious crabs. Early in the season, those crabs are harvested at peak time and make for some of the region’s very best culinary offerings.
We are serving a soft-shell crab sandwich for $18 and an entrée for $30. Our Maryland soft-shell crabs are lightly battered and fried. The sandwich includes our famous bacon, lettuce and tomato, on a house-made bun, with a side of our tasty tartar sauce and choice of one of our crop sides. Our entrée includes two Maryland soft-shell crabs, served with a choice of two of our crop sides and our tasty house-made tartar sauce.
Both are delicious ways to celebrate this special time of year and will be available for a limited time only. So, scurry down to Mt Vernon Square for some tasty soft-shells. If possible, we recommend making a reservation.
With these crazy late snow days, we decided to encourage the arrival of spring and our annual cherry blossoms with three Monday mornings of free donuts at Farmers & Distillers.
Join us at our Farmers & Distillers cafe Monday mornings: March 26, April 2, and April 9. The first 100 guests will get to enjoy a complimentary Cherry Blossom Donut to go. In addition, if you win a donut and take a picture of your donut, tagging us on Instagram @FarmDistillDC, you will get a chance to win a Founding Spirits distillery Tour & Tasting, followed by our can’t miss Farmers Market Buffet Brunch for two.
That’s a whole lot of winning in honor of this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival.
Farmers & Distillers opens every weekday for breakfast at 7am. To accompany that free donut, you can buy our cold-pressed Farm Health juice blends, a cup of our First Bake Compass Coffee, or a cup of T Salon tea. Whichever adds a little spring to your step.
Join Farmers Fishers Bakers and Farmers & Distillers to celebrate DC’s famous cherry blossoms.
Every year, the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW), highlights the area’s vibrant and diverse restaurant scene for the over 1.5 million visitors to the National Cherry Blossom Festival. The Cherry Picks Restaurant Program is now in its 16th year.
This festival celebrates the 1912 gift of 3,000 cherry trees from Japan to the U.S. that bring beautiful blooms to DC’s Tidal Basin every spring. We are joining the celebration with some cherries of our own.
Our pastry team has outdone themselves with a Chocolate Cherry Pie with White Chocolate Vanilla Sauce. The dessert will be available throughout the festival at Farmers Fishers Bakers and Farmers & Distillers.
This year’s festival runs from March 20-April 15. Participating restaurants in the Cherry Picks program will highlight items from their seasonal, springtime menus.
Farmers & Distillers joined more than 800 spring revelers at the annual Pink Tie Party to celebrate the start of DC’s National Cherry Blossom Festival. This evening of food and fun is often considered to be the city’s most festive kick-off to spring.
With offerings from nearly 20 local restaurants and bars, Farmers & Distillers showcased a special, not-even-on-our-menu treat, the delicious and decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake with Vanilla Cream Drizzle. Guests also enjoyed an open bar, Taiko drummers from Japan, and a silent auction.
The annual National Cherry Blossom Festival, which is celebrated over a four-week period, welcomes more than 1.5 million visitors to our nation’s capital. The Pink Tie Party is a fundraiser to support the beauty of nature and international friendship through the famous annual festival, as well as year-round programs, events, and education initiatives that enhance our environment, showcase arts and culture, and build community spirit.