What better place to celebrate the Christmas season than in our nation’s capital?
Downtown DC is bursting with festive spirit throughout the holidays. With so many of the season’s annual sights and sounds to be had within walking distance of Farmers & Distillers, we would love to be your home base for food and drink, and periodic respite, as you explore all of the holiday wonder that downtown DC has to offer.
Here is a sampling of Christmas in the capital – all within a mile or so from Farmers & Distillers – to help get you planning:
National Treasures Brimming with Christmas Spirit
- Don’t miss the National Christmas Tree! Walk over to President’s Park on the White House Ellipse for this time-honored tradition where you & yours will not only find the National Christmas Tree, but also trees that are typically decorated with handmade ornaments from our U.S. states & territories and nightly musical performances. This seasonal wonder is open daily throughout the holiday season.
- Deck the halls while visiting the Library of Congress where a beautiful Christmas tree awaits you each December in the Great Hall of the Thomas Jefferson Building.
- From the giant lit wreaths that greet you to the decorated shops and holiday model train display to the festive Christmas tree, Union Station is a great holiday destination for visitors and DC residents alike.
- Behold the beauty of the U.S. Botanic Garden during the holidays. Each holiday season, the Botanic Garden staff fills their spaces with special exhibits, such as their holiday-inspired model train and showcase of bright poinsettias, as well as holiday concerts that fill the air with cheer.
A Winter Wonderland & Great Shopping
- Want to find plenty to explore and get some holiday shopping done too? Head over to 10th & H St, NW where you’ll find the CityCenterDC in full holiday form. Take in all the decorated shops, displays, exhibits, and magic of the season at the famed CityCenterDC this winter.
- Unique, downtown DC Christmas shopping at its best can be found at the annual Downtown Holiday Market. Shop local and regional artisans & craftsmen and their jewelry, pottery, paintings, textiles, and more at DC’s largest, most spectacular outdoor shopping experience. This market traditionally sets up shop from late November through late December in front of the Smithsonian American Art Museum & National Portrait Gallery on F Street between 7th & 9th Streets, NW.
Downtown DC Holiday Fun: Dance, Music & Theater
- Check out the holiday concerts and events that DC’s Capital One Arena has to offer. Located just blocks from Farmers & Distillers, we are your perfect food and beverage stop before or after your show, catching our hometown champs, The Washington Capitals, in action, or cheering on our Washington Wizards.
- Ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future abound at DC’s historic Ford’s Theatre annual presentation of A Christmas Carol. Head over to Ford’s Theatre this holiday season to be dazzled by this production of Dickens’s Yuletide classic. Traditionally, performances run through the end of December.
- For the perfect DC December night, don’t miss the spectacular wintertime performances of the world-renowned, talented team of dancers of The Washington Ballet.
Visit us at Farmers & Distillers as you take in all that DC has to offer this holiday season. We are centrally located on Massachusetts Ave. in downtown DC’s Mt Vernon Square neighborhood, just a hop, skip, and holiday jump near some of the best Christmas fun in DC. As always, a reservation is recommended